Church of St. Laurence

The Church of St. Laurence is situated at the outskirts of the village of Kompole and is surrounded by a cemetery. The church was built by the feudal family Saiffner in the second half of the 14th century, and it was first mentioned in written records in 1525. The church is built on the East – West axis and has three parts: frontal bell tower, rectangular nave and semi-circular presbytery. There is a big neo-Renaissance style altar in the church with a statue of St. Laurence in the centre, a statue of St. Paul on one side and a statue of St. Peter on the other. The side altar is ornamented by the image of St. Michael the Archangel with the statues of archangels Gabriel and Rafael at the side.

Celje

Žalec

Rogaška Slatina

Šentjur

Zreče