Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary

The church was built in the Roman style (13th century) as a part of the Minorite convent (dismissed at the beginning of the 19th century), hence its current name of “Minorite church”.

In the 14th century, the church was rebuilt and enlarged. Since it was later often affected by fire, it underwent many renovations of the external appearance. At the end of the 19th century, it received its current neo-Roman appearance.
The presbytery contained the vault of the Counts of Celje, and above the door of the vestry there is the relief of the Counts of Celje kneeling in front of Mary (14th century). The benches equipped with rich carvings (1695) are also very interesting.

Celje

Žalec

Rogaška Slatina

Šentjur

Zreče